Household appliances and similar products testing standard UL60335
1. This International Standard deals with the safety of household and similar electrical appliances. The rated voltage of single-phase electrical appliances shall not exceed 250 V. The rated voltage of other electrical appliances shall
Voltage does not exceed 480 V.
NOTE: Battery powered equipment and other DC powered equipment are within the scope of this standard. When operating in battery mode, dual
) are considered battery-operated devices.
UL Directive 60335-1 for home appliances specifies in detail: Mobile13240688842
1. To the extent practicable, this standard addresses common hazards posed by appliances encountered by all persons inside and outside the household. Generally speaking, it does not take into account
a. People (including children);
b. Physical, sensory or mental abilities;
c. Lack of experience and knowledge;
2. Appliances specially used for industrial purposes:
(1) Appliances intended for use in locations subject to special circumstances, such as the presence of corrosive or explosive atmospheres (dust, vapor or gas);
(2) Audio, video and similar electronic equipment (IEC 60065);
(3) Medical appliances (IEC 60601);
(4) Hand-held electric tools (IEC 60745)
(5) Personal computers and similar equipment (IEC 60950-1);
This International Standard deals with the safety of electrical appliances for household and similar purposes, the rated voltage of which is not more than 250 V for single-phase appliances and not more than 250 V for other appliances.
3. Battery-powered equipment and other DC power supply equipment fall within the scope of this standard. When operating in battery mode, dual-power supply equipment (main power supply or battery power supply) is considered as battery-powered equipment.
Equipment unsuitable for ordinary household use but which may pose a danger to the public, such as lay appliances in shops, light industry and farms, falls under this standard
Examples of standard range appliances are catering equipment, commercial cleaning appliances and hair clipper appliances.