How to cast on Amazon advertising? How to optimize the advertising data is not ideal?
Why are CTRs high but no conversions? How to systematically and methodically optimize advertising?
If there is a disagreement, the price will be adjusted, and if the price adjustment is invalid, the copywriting and pictures will be changed. Is this method correct?
Let's calm down and sort out the common data indicators of advertising optimization (exposure, click-through rate, conversion rate) from the beginning. After everyone reads it, the optimization ideas will be clearer.
The marketing funnel model
To do a good job in the placement and optimization of advertisements, you must first understand how advertisements work. The commonly used analysis is the marketing funnel conversion model.
At present, Amazon has four types of advertising products: SP, SB, SD and DSP. These four types of advertisements produce effects at different stages, so the effects of different types of advertisements cannot be measured according to a unified standard.
Advertising optimization needs to analyze the exposure, click, and conversion layers in the order from top to bottom along the marketing funnel to find the problem and solve it. We usually have the most exposure to SP advertisements, and today we only use SP advertisements for analysis.
2. Analysis from the exposure dimension
Exposure refers to the number of times an ad is displayed. Only enough exposure can ensure the effective reach of an ad. Exposure is the primary task of advertising.
When the exposure is insufficient, we need to be clear about the factors that affect the exposure of advertising, including product copy, advertising budget, advertising bid, advertising keywords, advertising campaign settings, etc. Go through each of these factors to identify ways to increase your exposure.
(1) The quality of the product copy is low – the advertisement is mainly placed by grabbing the title and Search Term words in the copy, among which the title has the highest weight, and the keyword weight in other places is very low, especially in the early stage, which is particularly low . There are too few keywords buried in the copy, and the A9 cannot detect it, so naturally there will be no exposure.
(2) The ad auction setting is too low – the bid is low and the competitiveness is low, resulting in a low ad position and low exposure. For example, your product is ranked on page 7, and few users will turn to page 7 to see it. Especially for new products, the early bid should be slightly higher in order to seize traffic as soon as possible.
(3) The advertising budget is set too low – First, the average CPC of Amazon advertising is constantly rising. If the budget is set too low, for example, the budget is only $5 or $10, it is impossible to have an ideal exposure.
Second, spread the budget with multiple advertising activities. For sellers with a small budget, it is recommended to concentrate on the investment in the early stage. If too many advertising activities are created to spread the budget, the exposure of each advertisement will be very low.
Third, the ad group setting is unreasonable, and there are too many keywords in the ad group. We all know that after a period of advertising, traffic will gradually concentrate on keywords with good performance, so do not add too many keywords to an ad group, it is recommended not to exceed 10.
(4) Too few keywords for manual advertising – when you put in very few keywords, the exposure is naturally limited. It is necessary to increase the advertising words, and then optimize when there is enough exposure.
(5) Too many negative keywords in ads – using negative keywords correctly can make traffic more accurate. If there are too many negative keywords, or a phrase negative is set by mistake , it will lead to too little traffic.
3. Analysis from the click dimension
The CTR we often say refers to the click-through rate, that is, CTR (click-through rate) = clicks / impressions. The level of CTR depends on the attractiveness of user-visible factors and the accuracy of traffic. Low CTR can be analyzed from the following aspects:
(1) The quality of the title is low – the title has a relatively large impact on the click-through rate. The title mainly describes the attributes and characteristics of the product, and the relevance is high. No one wants to read some text that has nothing to do with their own needs.
(2) The main image is unattractive – among so many products, the time customers stay on each product is very short, and the attractiveness of the main image determines whether users will click in.
(3) The price setting is unreasonable – whether the price is reasonable, whether it is within the expected range of the customer, if the price is too high, it will lose its competitive advantage, so setting the price reasonably is beneficial to improve the click-through rate.
(4) Too few reviews and low ratings – too few reviews, low ratings, and inability to give customers enough confidence will lead to low click-through rates.
(5) Inaccurate flow – the customer wants to buy pure gold jewelry, but your product is gold-plated, although it is all jewelry, but the flow is not accurate, the CTR will naturally be lower. In fact, keywords like these should be directly denied when advertising. For example, if your product is not waterproof, then you can negate the phrase "Waterproof" in advance.
Fourth, from the perspective of conversion analysis
After attracting users to click, further guide users to convert through the landing page. When the conversion rate of an ad is poor, the relevance of the ad keywords should be considered first. If the relevance is low, just deny it.
If the relevance is high, but the conversion is poor, we need to consider whether this type of word is a single case or a majority. If most of the words are poorly converted, then we need to check the problem of Listing.
If it is just an example, then you need to combine the advertising report to see the data of the top position of the home page , other positions of the search results, and the product details page . The data of the same keyword in three different advertising positions are also different. Although the overall data is relatively poor, the data in a certain position may be better.
If it is better in a certain position, you can adjust the exposure position through the Bid+ function of advertising price adjustment. If all positions are relatively poor, then it will be rejected.
There are no standardized building techniques and processes for advertising. Advertising is a process of continuous adjustment and optimization based on data.
Everyone must be clear that advertising is only responsible for attracting traffic. As for whether the traffic can be accepted and converted, it depends on the quality of the Listing.